Bertelsmann Reportedly In Talks To Buy 100% Of BMG Rights
February 20, 2013

Multinational company Bertelsmann is reportedly in advanced talks to buy out partner KKR's share of their joint publishing company BMG Rights. The New York Post reports that the two sides have been in discussions for almost a year about a sale. KKR owns 51 percent of BMG Rights, while Bertelsmann owns the remaining 49 percent.

Sources tell the Post that a deal is "imminent" but could still fall through, as the partners have yet to agree on a price tag. "They are very close to something with KKR, and the relationship is amicable," a source told the paper. "They will exit at a good multiple."

KKR has been a partner in BMG since 2009 and the Post notes that the private equity firm typically looks to exit from its investments after four or five years. Bertelsmann could also turn around and bring in another partner on BMG Rights, with Samsung a reported possibility.

Sources also told the Post that BMG is in the mix to potentially acquire Concord Music Group, which could sell for $125 million.




 
Breaking News
CBS Corporation Revenue Up 2% in Q2
Cox Media Group Names Rob Rohr as CMG Ohio Market Vice President
Alpha Media, Moberly Announces Mark Benkiel As Market Manager
July 27, 2016
iHeartMedia St. Louis Names A.J. SVP/Programming
Entercom Communications Reports Second Quarter Results
Apple Reports Third Quarter Results
Scott Shannon to Host NAB Marconi Radio Awards
Steph Lova Returns To WPGC/Washington, DC
DigitalRadioTracker.com Simplifies Broadcast Monitoring Worldwide
July 26, 2016
Brian Beasley Named Chief Operating Officer of Beasley Media Group, Inc.
2016 NAB Marconi Radio Award Finalists Announced
SiriusXM Reports Second Quarter 2016 Results
Alpha Media Clinton Names Mike Fell Market Manager
NextRadio Survey Reinforces How Radio Can Help Reach Voters
RAB Announces Staff Changes
July 25, 2016
Drake, U2, Britney Spears & More Announced For iHeartRadio Music Festival
Scotty K And Bret Head To Dallas For Mornings On KLIF
July 22, 2016
eQB NOW
Pandora Revenue Up in Second Quarter of 2016
John Crenshaw Named OM at Cumulus-Youngstown, OH
Alpha Media Savannah-Hilton Head Launches Throwback Station "G100"
July 21, 2016
iHeartMedia, Cumulus, Entercom, Cox, Sun Broadcast Group & Shazam Collaborate on New Audio Measurement
Justin Riley Named PD For Power 93.3 & 106.1 KISS FM-Seattle
Universal Music Publishing Promotes David Gray to EVP/Head of West Coast A&R
Steve Mann Named APD/Night Host at WGRR/Cincinnati
Music News
Soundtrack Companion to Springsteen Autobiography Announced
Quick Hits: Prince, My Chemical Romance, Mac Miller
Quick Hits: The Beatles, Pink Floyd, JoJo, Ruth B
Beyoncé, Adele Lead MTV VMA Nominees
Rihanna, Kendrick Lamar and Metallica Headlining Global Citizens Festival
Drake Spends 11th Week at #1 on Billboard 200
Quick Hits: Rihanna, Flo Rida & Jason Derulo, Adele, Chance the Rapper, The 1975, David Bowie, Michael Hutchence
New David Bowie Box Set Includes Previously Unreleased Album
Quick Hits: Rihanna, KoRn, My Chemical Romance, Jennifer Hudson, Regina Spektor, Oasis
Temple of the Dog Announce First-Ever Tour
Quick Hits: The Beatles, Iggy Azalea, My Chemical Romance, Haim
Quick Hits: Alternative Press Music Awards / Marilyn Manson, Wilco, Beck, Led Zeppelin, Kesha
Drake Returns To #1 On Billboard 200
Kanye, Taylor Swift Feud Over "Famous" Lyric Again
Quick Hits: Coldplay, Schoolboy Q, Prophets of Rage, Celine Dion, Against Me!
FMQB NOW

Bill Tanner
SVP/Programming
SummitMedia

Advertisement:
Search FMQB.com
Advertisements:
FMQB Member Login
Email:
Pass:

Save
Not a member yet?
Sign up Now!
Sign Up for Breaking News!
Enter FMQB E-Tracking!